WE ARE ALL ABOUT HEALTHY EATING IN YEAR 2!
This term in Year 2, we have been learning all about food in our DT lessons. We have learnt about different food groups and what we should be putting into our bodies.
Did you know there are 5 different food groups? Food gives energy to living things so they can run, jump, play, repair and grow. Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins and minerals that help you feel healthy and energised. We have learnt that we need to eat 5 portions of fruit and vegetables to stay healthy. We looked at different ways we could do this and decided to make a heathy salad, click HERE to have a look at us creating our very own salads.
Here’s how we did it:
How to make a carrot and sultana salad
- Step one, wash your hands and make sure your hair is tied back.
- Wash and peel your carrots.
- In a box, mix your lemon juice and olive oil.
- After that, grate your carrot into your bowl and gently mix together.
- Sprinkle your sultanas onto your salad.
- Now you can enjoy your salad 😊
Don’t forget to clean up afterwards!
If you want to further your learning about healthy eating, why not create your own healthy salad at home! You could also design yourself your ideal healthy plate of food using a paper plate and colouring pencils!